September 17th, 2020 – Reading time: 2 minutes, Video: 1 hour
Confused about the differences between IT Security, Embedded Security and Digital Forensic? And what does your coffee machine have to do with it? In our web-podium, we discuss the answers.
A few weeks ago, Stefan Marquart, our Head of Office in Hamburg, and Christian Beul, Technical Risk Consultant at INVENSITY, took part at a web-podium on the subject of “technical due diligence and why your coffee machines will need security updates in the future” – organized by the German M&A Association in the working group Digitalization.
If you want to watch the video of the web-podium, please click on the link on the right (for users mobile devices: please click on the link following the article).
Participants of the podium were:
- Lorenz Kuhlee, Head of the Digital Forensics & Incident Response Team within the Forensic & Integrity Services at EY
- Christian Beul, Technical Risk Consultant & External Partnerships at INVENSITY
- Stefan Latz, Head of the Data Protection Department in the Cyber and Information Security Business Unit at TÜV Technische Überwachung Hessen GmbH
- Stefan Marquart, Commercial & Technical Due Diligence at INVENSITY
- Differences between IT Security, Operational Technology Security, Embedded Security and Digital Forensic. They are using the same security toolbox, but they need to be adapted.
- There is a major difference between security and safety, especially if we are talking about products or production lines.
- Applications in the context of Technical Due Diligence and Security by Design
- Security by design covers people, processes and technologies (e.g. IT hardware, chips)
- What kind of assets do you have and what are the security threats?
- Security protection is just the first step, but identification of breaches and setting counter response are the main goal.
- How is my coffee machine related to security, GDPR and IT infrastructure?